Top 10 Laptops in the World – With the development that has been made, it is not easy to find a bad laptop. It’s a fact. Every device that is being manufactured, be it mobile, computer, TV, tablets, or cameras, they all have features that enhance their performance.
With each passing day, work is being carried out to make the technology even better than it is today. Did you know that Apollo 11 landed humans on the moon with just 4 KB of RAM and a 32 KB hard disk? That seems surreal now, doesn’t it? We have come a long way since then.
The main aim of all the laptops is to be able to provide a portable computer that can carry out successful operations. What makes one different from the other is the specifications and the features that it offers. There are certain things that you should look into before you purchase a laptop. These things include:
- Its size.
- The screen quality offered.
- The keyboard’s quality.
- The CPU used.
- RAM available.
- It’s Battery Life.
- The OS that it runs on.
- The Graphics card available.
- Additional features that it may offer.
Several manufacturers build good performance and budget-friendly laptops. The sales of laptops manufactured by a company also depend on its brand value. People always seem to prefer one choice over the other.
Based on the type of use, there are different categories that a laptop comes in. Some of them are as mentioned below:
- Notebook: It is a full-sized laptop.
- Ultraportable: It is an ultra-thin laptop build for portability and mobility.
- Ultrabook: They are a special type of ultraportable laptops. They have security and anti-theft features built at the hardware level.
- Netbook: These are small laptops that run on low-powered processors.
- Chromebook: They run on ChromeOS and are specifically designed for web applications and for saving data on the cloud.
- MacBook: It is a family of laptops manufactured by Apple. They run on macOS.
- Convertible (2-in-1): They offer combined features of both tablet and a laptop. The switch can be made between the laptop mode and the touch screen tablet mode.
- Tablet as a laptop: Some tablets can be used as laptops by connecting them to an external detachable keyboard.
The specifications and the features offered by these are different from one another. For example, you can get a budget laptop for graphic design, but the same features would not be useful for other specific tasks.
As per the sales rate and the statistics, the best laptops available were listed. The top 10 entries in that list include the following:
- Dell XPS 13: The best laptop as of 2020 is the Dell XPS 13. It offers powerful performance and excellent battery life. It however lacks to provide legacy ports. It is a 16 GB laptop with a 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD storage capacity. The processor used in it is Intel Core i5-1065G7.
- MacBook Pro: The 2019 16-inch version of the MacBook Pro takes second place on this list. It has an improved magic keyboard with wonderful performance. It however does not have a 4K display and a full-size USB port or SD card slot. It is also quite pricey. The processor used in it is Intel Core i9 with a 32 GB RAM and a 512GB SSD storage capacity.
- Acer Swift 3: The 2020 version of this laptop offers amazing performance. It is a great multitasker and has a clicky keyboard. The display offered is however dim. It uses AMD Ryzen 7 4700U CPU with 8 GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage capacity.
- Apple MacBook Pro: This 13-inch laptop has great battery life. It offers a bright display with very fast performance. It uses an Intel Core i5 processor with 8 GB RAM and 128GB SSD storage capacity.
- Asus Chromebook C434: Titled as the bestx Chromebook of all time, it has a sleek and premium design with thin display bezels and long battery life. It makes use of the Intel Core m3-8100Y processor with 4 GB RAM and 64GB eMMC storage capacity.
- HP Envy x360 13: It is one of the best mainstream laptops with excellent value, great performance, and long battery life. It has 8 GB RAM with a storage capacity of 256GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD and an AMD Ryzen 5 4500U CPU.
- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14: It is a gaming laptop that offers the longest battery life. It does not have a webcam but offers lightning-fast SSD. The CPU used is AMD Ryzen 9-4900HS with 16 GB RAM and 1TB SSD storage. The performance of AMD and the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q graphics card is exceptional.
- Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15: It is a great 2-in-1 laptop with a QLED display, an epic battery life, and good performance. Intel Core i7-1065G7 is used as the processor. It offers 12 GB RAM with a 512 GB storage capacity.
- HP Spectre x360: The 13-inch 2019 version of it is one of the best 2-in-1 laptops. It is elegantly designed and has a small footprint. It has a strong performance and a lightning-fast SSD. the COU used it is Intel Core i7-1065G7 with 8 GB RAM and 512 GB storage capacity.
- Alienware Area-51m: It is the ultimate upgradeable gaming laptop with high space station aesthetic, amazing graphics, and great overall performance. It however is a bit expensive. It uses the Intel Core i9-9900K processor with 64 GB RAM and dual 1TB PCIe M.2 SSDs/1TB (+8GB SSHD) Hybrid Drive storage.
Some of the other noteworthy mentions are:
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
- Samsung Chromebook 3
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 3
- Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo Yoga C940
Laptops are used for several applications including graphic designing, gaming, web development, office work, video editing, etc. You can get the best budget editing laptops that have great performances.
You can surf the internet and choose the type of laptop you need and its specifications. You can also visit a nearby store if you need any assistance. Laptops are a one-time investment and you should choose the one that you can use for a long time.